2018 Beverly Bike CX Preview
October 4, 2018
- This weekend’s CCC event, Beverly Bike CX, is at Dan Ryan Woods on Chicago’s South Side, hosted by… Beverly Bike. Please use the hashtag #drwCX.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here sometime Friday. Please let us know if you see any errors.
- More info over on the static race venue page which is still named Dan Ryan Woods.
- Keep in mind the series rules concerning upgrades. If you have upgraded in the last week please email us ASAP so we can transfer 1/2 your points to the next category for staging and overall standings.
- Juniors 9-14’s: Due to a very generous donation from an anonymous local source many/most of you will receive a special safety related gift when you pick up your number on Sunday.
- Due to the hill and potentially muddy/slower conditions, the Women Cat 4/5‘s and Junior 9-14‘s will more than likely be doing shortened laps. Final decisions will be made between the Beverly Bike crew and USAC officials at the venue on Sunday. We’ll try to tweet that info as soon as we know.
- Kiddie Cross at 2pm assuming the weather cooperates.
Food: Pollo Locuas www.pollolocuas.
com will be back on site with their taco cart.
- Plenty of parking, please use it. Don’t park on the grass.
- The Chicago Marathon is also being run Sunday morning. See the official site here for info, course maps, and road closures. Please plan your route and timing to the venue accordingly.
- Weather: The forecast is calling for rain on Friday and Saturday. Given some sensitive areas of the park the Beverly Bike crew may have to make some drastic changes to the course below in order to stay in the good graces of the park managers. Having any course at all is better than having no course at all, so please recognize any changes and/or a potentially less exciting/challenging course are done so we can still host the event at Dan Ryan Woods for year to come. Check back here Saturday evening and on Twitter for last minute updates.
The course: Beverly Bike brings yet another different course. The course runs Clockwise (numbers still always on your left side) starting in the North East corner of the venue. Fast (if its dry), flowy, and hilly. Beverly Bike is hopefully bringing back a section that hasn’t been used since 2010. Think toe spikes.
Knowing where the elevation changes are, that course looks insane. Also, is that the remnants of a previous course you can see in the satellite image?
Championship Venue (Midwest Regionals 2013)
A genuine honest to goodness MUDDER!
The #Stoke level is palatable!!
It looks so flat on an overhead 2D map…
Lost and Found alert!
Red Husky Bag. It was brought to me at Caldwell. Full of stuff. Be ready to pass the quiz.
Reminder to sharpie everything you have, including your sharpie. See you all Sunday!